Bex Prime

Monday, April 30, 2007

just another day

so this weekend was pretty much ultra relaxed. matilda had spent wednesday and thursday night with HIM so i wanted a nice relaxing weekend... on a side note... matilda called me BOTH days as soon as she was in HIM's car on the ride home from school. it was refreshing for me because it actually made me feel important to her. i know that sounds silly, but that's me.

saturday we, me, matilda and my parentals, drove to a super great place to eat... if you have one near you, i HIGHLY suggest you take a taste. may i recommend the 'caprese'... after that we drove to a very nice and refreshing nursery. matilda befriended a couple dogs who lounged under big potted trees and old country porches. then she saw the kitty... and it was PAINFUL to pull her away from the sweet, sweet kitty.

the day was nice and relaxing. except for the driving. i've discovered that there aren't that many nice drivers left in the world. not to say that I'M the nicest driver, but i do believe in karma and will let the occasional last minute turning vehcile over into my lane to save them some grief. but i didn't find maybe people extending the same amount of courtesy to me.

case in point... the road to this nursery was just off a major highway here that is under construction. has BEEN under construction since 1985 and shows NO signs of completing anytime soon... so the feeder roads are all discombobulated as such. i'm travelling along and realize 'OMG - my lane is turn only..' so i signal that i need to get into the right lane and hope that a NICE driver will slow down and let me over... that isn't the case. i keep driving with my signal on as i approach the turn in the road and edge my way over in front of an explorer.. who might i add.. had slowed down a bit, then SPED up to PREVENT me from moving in front of her... as i merged over - she honks her horn at me and I wave 'hi!' from the front seat... as she passes me up a bit down the road.. she literally glared at me and i waved a very energetic 'HELLO TO YOU TOO!!!' i didn't show her the finger cause what good does that do really.. i waved. call me stupid but i figured she hates me anyway, i might as well add to it. it'll give her a funny story to tell her friends. 'do you know what this moronic girl had the nerve to do! WAVE at me !!' karma will get her. my father suggested i follow her and give her a lesson in courtesy. but i decided that she might be crazy and i, too would be crazy to actually DO that. although my uncle has.. but i digress.

all in all... be nice drivers people. it takes more effort and anger to prevent people from getting where they need to be so just make someone's day and let in a car or two. you never know when that person in the wrong lane will be you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home