Bex Prime

Thursday, March 29, 2007

just like heaven

so yesterday i spend the day with matilda and her class. it was their annual field trip and this year included a trip to the imax and the planetarium. both of which i'm rather fond of and don't mind visiting. add about 25 4 - 5 year olds and it's a whirlpool of fun.

luckily for me and the other volunteer parents who went along, we each had 2 kids to keep up with. i got matilda and another sweet boy, who was 'cute dad's' son. luck has shone upon me i tell you. he was a very well behaved little boy. held my hand when we walked around, listened when i called for him, more importantly he CAME to me when i called for him. matilda did as well, but she knew she could test my limits because i was also focusing on another child.. which i think made her a tad jealous.

all in all the day was great... the imax was fun... it was actually the one i wanted to see - 'the deep sea'. it was great to watch the kids 'grab' at the fish - the imax was in 3d you see. so it was lots of fun. about 20 min into it, matilda says, 'mommy is it almost over?' i shook my head 'yes' and that was that. seconds later, adam, cute dad's boy, says, 'i'm hungry. when do we leave?' 'in a little bit longer okay?' i whispered... little did they know they had about another 20 minutes to... PLUS a trip to the planetarium. but they survived.

the planetarium was less fun for me. i got a bit sickly in there, what with the huge screen on the ceiling and it's fast moving movie... yeah - not too good for me.. and i was going on little nourishment. i think if i HAD eaten something it would've wound up on the little girl beside me.

once that was over - not soon enough for this gal, we loaded the kids up on the bus and drove to the have lunch in the park. i can't tell you how nice it was. the day was beautiful and the kids were being fairly contained. after all the lunches had been consumed and they could be still no longer, they made a dash for the big hill and began to roll down it. it was so much fun to watch all 25 kiddos rolling down the side of the green grassy hill. their dazed faces were hillarious.

i, of course, had my camera and snapped some cute shots of most of the kiddos.. including cute dad's boy... so NOW i have an in... here's how i'm gonna work it...

me talking to cute dad: 'so you know i went along with the kids on the field trip the other day and took some cute pictures of adam... if you have an email address i can send them to you if you like.' will that work? it should right? unless he has no email... that would be almost unheard of right? well, that's my plan for now... and it HAS to work. or at least get me somewhere.

all in all the day was fantastic. the only downside is the blister i have on my heel from my so called comfy ballet flats. they were supposed to be good for walking... and i was planning on taking them with me when i go on vacation in may... now i have to buy another pair of shoes... because, not only is it a blister.. but it's the SIZE OF PLUTO! and i know... i saw that planet in the planetarium movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home