Bex Prime

Monday, January 01, 2007

auld lang syne

happy new year!

i find it very funny that for the last 2 months the food channel has been telling us what to serve at our parties, dinners, social events, etc... complete with gobs of butter, sugar and alcohol... and now that the new year is upon us, it's all about how to focus on weight loss goals and stay fit and healthy in 2007. ironic that they might have helped make us fat and NOW they wanna help us get fit again. i just think it's funny i guess...

so it's another new year. 2007. holy cow i'll be 35 this year. well, i've decided to give this whole healthy kick a shot this year. i'm going to call a local gym tomorrow and inquire about the membership hoo-ha. i kinda think if i know up front i can commit to at LEAST 3 days of work out, then i'll be okay. i'm also uncertain if i'd follow thru, but i think paying helps. or i HOPE it will. note that i have not officially committed as of yet. i'm merely going to call. i might not join tomorrow. i might just resolve to working out at home. i have free weights here and i did get pretty good at using them. i also used to do crunches on my own, push ups and so on. so i might just get back into that. i tend to feel better about myself if i'm making at attempt to take care of my body.

i'm using the motto 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' this year. i'm not sure how it's going to work out for me, but i figured, if i try nothing, i'll get nothing in return. and i've been single long enough. i'd like to go out on a date or two. GOOD ones mind you. not the kind of date where my suitor talks on his cell phone all night or gawks at other women as we're eating dinner. yeah, been there... done that. this year... i'm gonna try and be more chatty with the opposite sex. from guys i work with who i know are available and guys i meet. there's a super cute dad at matilda's school, so i'm gonna make it my goal to get to know him a bit better.

i plan to continue my efforts at patience and continue in my quest of raising matilda to be a fun, sweet girl with good manners. we have a load of fun together i think, and i'd like to continue that trend.

i'm going to try to NOT feel guilty about wanting a life and trying to have one. i tend to feel guilty if i ask my parents to watch matilda so i can enjoy a night out with friends... i'm going to work on those feelings and try to remember that it's good for both of us to have a change of scenery once in a while.

i thought i'd try to use song titles as my blog entry titles. that will be difficult because trying to find songs that fit my entries, well, it might not be all that easy, but i'm gonna give it a shot.

update on my book reading... i read about 15 books last year. so i met my goal. there were some i started but didn't finish so i didn't count those. my favorites were 'the devil wears prada', 'the assistants', 'fatal distraction or how i conquered my addiction to celebrities and got a life', the second assistant' and finally, 'the first assistant'. i also rather liked teri hatcher's book 'burnt toast'.

so that's it. i'm not going to set any goals for myself about how many books i want to read or how often i'm going to blog / journal... instead, i'm going to get better in tune with my physical, mental and emotional self. and try to snag a guy here and there.

wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

Happy New Year to you and best wishes on your goals!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home