Bex Prime

Saturday, December 16, 2006

big night out...

yes folks, i had my first holiday party to attend as a single gal. and the funniest part of all.... i went with my parents. now before you get all 'omg you poor thing' on me, let me explain.

see, my mom and i work for the same company... different departments but we know the same circle of people. so when she got the invite and the event was on a night that i was matilda-free, i jumped at the opportunity to have a little fun. plus, i had two guarenteed designated drivers should i tie on a few too many beverages.

we get there, it's a party for an interior design company in town. i knew most of the people so i mingled pretty good. one of the first ladies i talked with says, 'so what's it like to party with your parents?' i was mildly amused because as i got ready to go, i asked myself that very question... my relationship with the parental units has changed greatly over the last few years. we're friends. we support each other no matter what. we have a great relationship. so that's what i said. she replied, 'i'm jealous.' made my night.

so as the evening progressed, i'm eager to see cute single guys... i meet up with an old friend jesus, who is more girly than i am, but he's so much fun. we checked out the men in the room and he informed me who was my type and who was his... most were his. it was an interior design firm you know.

by the end of the evening, i was the DD. mom had a few too many, as did my dad. so i drove us home. it's times like those that made me realize how great my parents are. and how much we rely on one another. they've been there for me when i needed them most and i always find ways to be there for them when they need me. granted i was only a chauffer, but still. they needed to get home somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home