Bex Prime

Sunday, November 19, 2006

happy holly days

i saw that tag line on a sign yesterday and it made me smile. it also inspired me to put my tree up. i know, i know it's nuts but i couldn't resist. you see, i bought a new tree two weeks ago and ever since, i've been itching to put it up. it's a modest 7 1/2 ft tree - no prelit business for me. i saved myself the extra 45 bucks and decided to string them myself. as particular as i am, it was probably the better option. =)

now, i didn't decorate it yet. i'm saving that for tomorrow night when matilda gets here. she loves putting the ornaments on the tree. it's difficult for me to deal with all the ornaments being in one section of the tree as opposed to being stragetically placed throughout the tree... but she enjoys deciding where each ornament should go. i did come up with a new tree topper. i'd been searching and searching for the right star or the perfect serene angel to watch over our tree, but i kept coming up empty handed. nothing spoke to me. so i decided to go another route. i found a gorgeous christmasy floral pick that's nothing but silver tinsel with silver balls on the tips. the tinsel is on wire branches that are about 8" long and they can be bent in any direction. i love it. it looks like a bunch of shooting stars sprouting out the top of the tree. like a firework in the sky. i also got some peacock feathers and stuck those up near the top too. i'm surprised wendy the cat hasn't tried to climb the tree for those suckers.

i ordered a nativity for matilda.. and for me too, but it's geared for her. it's the little people nativity scene. i've been searching for this item for quite awhile and finally decided to buy it online. it should be here next week or early the following week. and i just can't wait. soo cute.

anyway.. that's been my sunday. a very relaxing, yet productive day. and for me - those are the best kind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyn said...

That nativity is so cute. I have always had a nativity for the kids to handle, and a family heirloom one that they can not. But I think it is important for them to have one their size!

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home