Bex Prime

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

access: denied!

okay, so at work we are no longer able to surf particular websites. games, online music, that sort of thing. well those didn't affect me too much. i seldom play games (no time to do that at work anyway), music - i have enough songs on my computer to occupy an entire work week, so that was okay too. i was not prepared for what happened next.

everyday i visit my most favorite website go fug yourself. it's incredibly funny, witty and silly - just like me. well, when i clicked on the favorite link... i got 'the screen.' not the screen i wanted to see, but the one telling me 'this site is prohibited.' WHAT?!? then i read further and it's in the 'entertainment' category which means it's not appropriate to surf at work. we have people hooking up on match.com during the workday and i can laugh at britney spears latest ensemble? OH THE HUMANITY!

so at that moment, i decided to get a laptop for my home. it's 2006 - and i think it's time. so i ordered a trusty dell notebook which should arrive HOPEFULLY thursday of this week. i'm going wireless in my pad so i can even surf the web in my hall closet. and best of all. NO restrictions on what site i visit. it's all about me.

oh and get this... i couldn't even get a recipe from bettycrocker.com. THAT was even restricted. a RECIPE site. it's okay though. i'm not bitter. well maybe just a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home