Bex Prime

Friday, October 13, 2006

friday the 13th - update below...

yes, today is that infamous day. the day with jason voorhees stalked kids at crystal lake and made that weird noise... i refuse to type the sound because then i won't get it out of my head and quite frankly, i don't like that noise. =)

today i woke up early. 415am early. managed to stay in bed until 5am. had to deal with a chatty cat who kept meowing until i finally got out of bed... my shower went off without a hitch thankfully...the events that occured after my shower - not quite what i expected.

while getting dressed, i prick my finger with a safety, leaving a bit of blood on my WHITE dress shirt. i had no other options for attire today, so i had to figure out a way to conceal the blood, i think i'm pulling it off okay.

leaving the house, my car engine revved up a bit more than i remembered. then the engine light came on. now, i had to meet HIM to pick up matilda for school, so i simply HAD to drive it. i'm a little paranoid since it's like 630am, dark and i'm on the freeway with the engine light glaring at me. but i make it to my destination - ahead of schedule even. as i'm driving, i notice a LOT of cars basically parked on the freeway - heading the direction i NEED to go after getting matilda. so i'm beginning to strategize my route to her school.

i decide to go a different way than our normal route. you see, i bought a toll road pass so i have free reign on the tollroads now. EUREKA - it's fanstastic! so we get to school in record time. apparently people don't know about this tollroad cause it was generally empty. we're hanging out in the car, listening to music, then we walk to the school doors. and that's when it happened.

my FANTASTIC NEW LEOPARD SLINGBACKS BROKE. BROKE! i've worn them MAYBE 5 times since i bought them and i LOVE these shoes. i've gotta try and either take them back for a new pair or try to fix them somehow. i think they could be fixed, but i just don't know. these shoes are amazing. so, i'm walking thru matilda's school with one shoes securred to my foot while the other flops on and off. i take them off as soon as i get to my car and drive home to find ANOTHER pair of shoes. after trying on 2 pairs of boots, i'm ready for work. again.

thankfully the drive to work was hazard free and the boots are still in place. blood on shirt still concealed and that's about it... for now. of course i still have to drive HOME.

UPDATE: after arriving home, i managed to REMOVE one of my solar nails. you see, i was putting my laptop on the floorboard the passenger seat and well, it got stuck going down and when i lost grip on it, my nail bent back and tor in the middle. all the way down to the quick. hurt like a sonofagun, let me tell you. so needless to say, my fantastic shoes weren't the only things that broke today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyn said...

OH MY GAWD!!!

Not THE leopard slingbacks. Please tell me, not THE ONES??

Oh the horror of Friday the 13th!

1:26 PM  
Blogger beck said...

yes gurl.. THE ones.

but fear not, i've contacted the store and they are working with me on an exchange. i mean, i've only worn them like 6 times since i bought them!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

You two are funny! Ouch! Loosing a nail hurts like a beast. Hope it's a little better by now...

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home