Bex Prime

Friday, January 12, 2007

don't it make my brown eyes blue

okay so i got them... blue contacts. after obtaining advice from those close to me... ie lyn... to NOT do it.. i did it.

the results? not good. i wore them two days in a row... here's how it went..

day 1: insert into eye... feels VERY different than clear ones. thicker almost. lenses don't sit perfectly on eye. up close it looks as though i have a thick arc of black either on the top of the colored part or beneath it.. depending on how the colored lense is slipping. yes SLIPPING. people at work noticed sorta... but few commented. my boss said 'i can't get used to you with those blue eyes.' a work friend said, 'it's very different but they look SO real.' she is referred to as 'a plastic' so you can take that comment as you like it. i did. =) now my FAMILY thought it was amazing. my dad was crazy over them. my mom i think was a bit more calm in her comments. she really didn't say much more than 'they look nice.' lies. lies. LIES.

day 2: this is the day of our office party.... so i figured what better way to debut the new eyes than here... again, no comments. except one. one which forced me to realize that blue eyes are clearly NOT me, nor could they ever BE me. a fellow lunch-bunch pal sat across from me while we were eating and said...'dude, what is WRONG with your face?!'

and there you have it folks... what is WRONG with my face? i tried blue contacts.. for a mere two days. i wanted to see what they were like and how i'd look. apparently, not good. so i no longer wear them. i have 3 pair of them, but i figure... you know, if i wanna give it another go i can. just not at work. not EVER at work.

i was meant to have the brown eyes God gave me at birth. they're not so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home