Bex Prime

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

me time

matilda has been with her dad for the past week and will be with him this week too. it's part of his summer visit hooplah. so what did he plan for his time with his daughter... why he took her to disneyland! yeah. you heard me... disney. land. yes i'm bitter.

you see this was the vacation i always wanted to take. of course i wanted to fly there, not drive like they did, but this was MY dream vacation. he never wanted to go of course... always wanted to do the florida thing with his work friends - you know, rent a house, drive to florida and hang by the beach for a week. fun - but it's no disneyland. disneyland is the happiest place on earth! why the magic kingdom is sacred. it's matild's first time there and he knows it - and HE got to see her all excited. my only calming sense is knowing her 4 year old mind won't remember this 2 or 3 years from now, so i'll take her when she's older and it will stick with her forever.

they didn't go alone either folks. oh no... they went with his girlfriend and HER daughter. let me clarify ... his LIVE-IN girlfriend. yeap. see i didn't know she moved in until a recent chat with my gal pal lyn (who has all the dish, thank GOODNESS). anywho... yeah - she moved in.
wanna know how i found out.. well i'll tell you how i found out...

lyn and i are chatting the day i dropped matilda off at her dad's... i cried as i drove away - he never saw me of course, but i sobbed on my drive back to lyn's. anyway... she asked me if i was okay and i was, asked if i was okay about the trip... i was - for matilda - i know she'll have fun.. i said that i was a little concerned about sleeping arrangements. here's when i found out.. lyn looked at me - with a serious look and said, 'well she's LIVING there what do YOU think?'. i said, 'what?'. yeah... apparently the gossip mill (ie my old neighbor) spilled the beans to reliable sources which got to lyn and then got to me. i can't say i'm surprised... but i am. i wonder about this woman and how she treats my child. does matilda have to compete with her daughter? where is matilda and her daughter sleeping? where is this woman sleeping? i feel sorry for her in that sense, but i digress.

do i have the right to ask to meet her? i mean, she IS spending most of my child's time with her father (did that make sense at all?) i just wonder if i should ask to meet her. just to say hello and size her up. for matilda's sake. yes for mine too. i need to see what she looks like. to see if he traded up so to speak. she's probably some legging blonde. i'm neither leggy nor blonde - quite the opposite in fact. oh well - he's her problem now i guess.

anyway - my me time hasn't been too eventful. well - i did have an intersting conversation with HIM, which i'll post in another blog entry. trust me - this one is long enough for a novel i think...

i've started moving some small things into our new place. i dropped a box on the floor and was certain mr. heckles would come hobbling up to yell at me again, but he didn't. thank goodness. i figure his damn tv is so loud, i've at least got something to bargain with. =)

anyway - i see matilda again on monday - i can't wait. i've talked to her a few times since they left and i plan to call tonight again to say hello and find out about her adventures. wish i had an adventure of my own to share, but sadly i do not. perhaps i'll create one before i pick her up. i'll have to work on that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home