Bex Prime

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

movin' on up...

to a deluxe apartment on the second floor... ABOVE A MEAN OLD MAN!!!

seriously, the first day we get the keys, the parents, matilda and i go to check out our new digs... we get in there - wide open spaces from side to side... matilda goes nuts. running around - having fun... my mom joins in while my dad and i go to check my mailbox - just junk really but it's mail nonetheless.

anyway - we're all up there sitting around and i get a knock at the door. now, everyone who knows where i live is sitting next to me so i'm a little nervous as to who it could be... it's mr. heckles. i really don't know his name (don't care to) but if you watched 'friends' and i'm betting you did, you know who mr. heckles is.

he proceeds to tell me, the SECOND the door is open, how loud the 'banging' was. how horrible the 'herd of elephants' were and how 'his tv was jumping so it was pretty bad.' i apologized and told him that my daughter was just excited to be in her new home and was running around... he continued on and on. i finally apologized one more time and then shut the door. can you imagine that. now i love old folks. i worked in a retirement community for 3 years and loved every second i was there... i get along well with everyone - but this guy was just mad at the world and i was his outlet. i'm not taking that... not from a grumpy old mr. heckles.

i called the apt office the next morning to let them know my version before mr. heckles had a chance to tell them i had hell's angels over for a romp, which interrupted his lawrence welk viewing.... she told me to not give it a second thought and that she's 'well aware of him.' a bad seed i'm guessing. lucky me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home