Bex Prime

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

back into the land of the living...

... or so i think anyway. i was on a little va-cay with matilda and my family... had a weeklong visit from my west virginian aunt and her 12 year old daughter, whom matilda took to very well. i've never seen her so excited to have someone sit beside her on road trips. kinda made me jealous. =)

we spent the week at the beach - except mother nature failed to mention to ANY of us her plans for a horrendous downpour. yeah, rain ... every... day. well except for maybe 4 hours on the 4th. but the fireworks were cancelled and i ended up watching some on tv - see, while everyone else was down at the pool, yours truly got a bug from some unknown source and spent the remainder of the evening alone in the room. what fun! what. fun.

in other breaking news... i MOVED! omg - now to those of you who know me... you know this was a long time coming, but let me just say to you new folks out there... my old commute to work (and to my parents) was about 50 miles ONE. WAY. now - 15 minutes tops... less even to my parent's... which is good AND bad at the same time. =) but i'm very happy. i have a 2006 vehicle with 18000 plus miles on it. THAT in itself is depressing. but that's all about to change my friends. you see, this morning - i left my house at 641am... and arrived at my office at 654am. EUREKA! so THIS is what's it's like to live close to work. not to mention i live nextdoor to a hobby lobby AND a target. AND a bed, bath and beyond! i think i could possibly be in heaven so if i see St. Peter, i'll let you know.

matilda has yet to sleep in her new bed. but she and i have talked about it and it was decided, by me more than her, that when school starts, she'll sleep in her bed. it'll be a gradual process for us. but it's time. it. is. time.

my place is fabulous. i couldn't be happier. i think the thing that would make it better if i were somehow able to scoop up my closest friends and place them near me so i wouldn't have to travel so far to get to see them. but you know what.. distance doesn't matter. i would drive 100 miles to laugh with my gal pals. there is nothing better than being silly (and gossiping) with your friends no matter how long it takes you to get to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home