Bex Prime

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

much ado about nothing...

well hello strangers... so sorry it's been so long since we last talked. to be honest, not much has happened. i'm adjusting to my new apartment nicely... the air conditioner situation continues to torment me, but i'm beginning to understand the workings of an older building AC unit. i think i am anyway.

i truly wish i had something super exciting to share, but sadly, i don't. i mainly just wanted to check in, get some thoughts down and move on to whatever this day will bring.

the trials of being a single woman in her 30's continues to give my friends ammunition to set me up with guys. case at hand, my good friend bre. she and i used to work together, she moved on and has made it her mission to hook me up with a guy she works with. he's 2 years younger than me, which isn't the direction i wanted to go into, but at this point - who am i to complain about that, right? so she sets up a little b-day party for herself, invites her closest friends, and this guy... now, she raved about how funny he was, how cute he was and how i just HAD to meet him. oh and how his car was so hot... cause THAT matters - and it does i think. guys SHOULD have hot cars, especially if they're zooming the chicks. which i think this guy does. on a regular basis.

so in walks mr. right now, and i instantly pick out the two things about his appearance that bother me. he has an overbite that is odd looking to me, and his eyes are farther 'out' than a normal set of eyes... granted they were the prettiest shade of blue i'd ever seen. i just couldn't get past these two things. then, after talking to him for a couple hours, i discovered that he waxes... his entire body!!! WTH? i get this news on a day that i opted to NOT shave my very own legs. i was feeling more and more unkept by the second. anyway - we talk about random things, he tells me details of his last relationship, asks me about my divorce - hitting the heavy subjects early on... then, at one point he says (and he was surely joking) he needs to take me to meet his mom in his hometown. he was joking. right? RIGHT? oh definently.

seriously, he was a nice guy... and i'm sure he'd be fun to go out with a time or two... but i'm looking for a man. not a guy. and i'm not sure he fits the bill for me. not now. and besides that... will someone PLEASE tell me what the protocol is for single folks these days. cause i have never dated. and when i say never - i literally mean ... N.E.V.E.R. i mean, what do guys expect.. kisses, hand-holding, sex? what? i have no idea. i know i'm not looking for love. that much i can tell you.

i'm honestly not looking for anything at the moment. and what scares me is that i'll agree to go out with him to spare his feelings. which is what i did when my ex-husband asked me out. and we all know how THAT relationship worked out for me. i'm not a bitch of a woman... i'm not a ruthless, cold hearted gal either. i don't know how to let men, or anyone for that matter, down easy. how do you tell someone that you like them, but you're just not interested in anything serious... because honestly - i think this guy is looking for something long-term... i'm definently not his girl.

i've got an idea of what type of man i want. i've already drawn up the plans in my mind, from what he looks like to the type of man he is inside. one day he'll find me or i'll find him and when that happens, we'll both know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home